Bag Of Mostly Water

Monday, August 11, 2008

Needle Works 0.1

Needle Works is a free, open source, PES embroidery file viewer for Mac OS X which I just published over at googlecode.com. This first version has no features other than the ability to just display .PES files. I believe it will only work on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) at this time.

I plan on adding additional features such as printing and minor design changes such as the ability to flip horizontally or vertically and color modification. Most features, at least initially, will be Mom-driven, that is, I am going to work on those features that my mom needs first. :-) This is my first Mac OS X application, however, so it may take me some time to learn the platform.

Please let me know how the program works for you, if at all.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 13, 2008 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I am really interested in what you are doing here. I have a mac, and I am just crazy upset that there isn't much programing for it in the embroidery machine area. I really hope you do more stuff!!!!

 
At August 13, 2008 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Ryan Lovett said...

@glaukos: Thanks for your interest. :) Just send me any feature requests and I'll do my best.

 
At August 25, 2008 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Butterfly said...

I have installed this on my mac but cannot seem to make it work. can you give me some help?

I downloaded it but when I click on it it flashes in the dock and then goes away.

Thanks

 
At August 26, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Ryan Lovett said...

@butterfly: I'll contact you at your blogger.com email address to try to help you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home